Now, I study at The University of Manchester.
University of Bari "Aldo Moro"
Department of Computer Science
Via E.Orabona, 4 - I70126 BARI, Italy
Phone: +39 080 5442276
Fax: +39 080 5443196
"Perplexity is the beginning of knowledge..." - Kahlil Gibran
I am currently involved in the following research issues:
- Natural Language Processing
- Explicit Semantic Analysis
- Semantic similarity & relatedness measures
- Semantic Web Services
- Computational intelligence
- Fuzzy logic
- Advanced numerical tecniques for information elaboration
- Recommender Systems
- Hybrid Recommendation Strategies
- Serendipity in Recommender Systems
- L. Iaquinta, M. de Gemmis, P. Lops, G. Semeraro, M. Filannino, and P. Molino. Introducing Serendipity in a Content-based Recommender System. In F. Xhafa, F. Herrera, A. Abraham, M. Koppen, and J. M. Benitez, editors, Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems HIS-2008 , pages 168-173. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos, California, 2008. ISBN 978-0-7695-3326-1.
- Working Capital (July 13, 2010 Bari, Italy): I have won a national contest promoted by Telecom Italia. The project aims to endorse italian innovation in the field of Web 2.0. I have presented the following project:
- SAWA (Similarity Algorithm based-on WikipediA): Is a tool that compute similarity between texts. Online soon available, also with RESTful and WS interface. Try it!