Assistant Professor (Ricercatore a Tempo Determinato), Ph.D.
University of Bari "Aldo Moro"
Department of Computer Science
Via E.Orabona, 4 - 70126 BARI, Italy
Phone: +39 080 5442298
Fax: +39 080 5443196
- Recommender Systems
- Information Filtering
- Holistic User Modeling
- Distributional Semantics
- Linked Open Data
- Social Media for User Modeling
Last Update: March, 1 2017
- JANUARY 2016 - I'm Assistant Professor (Ricercatore a tempo Determinato) at University of Bari. In my research project I will investigate techniques for Semantic Holistic User Modeling.
- JANUARY 2013 - I got a post-doc at University of Bari. My research was focused on techniques for semantic context-aware recommender systems based on distributional models.
- JUNE 2012 - I received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from University of Bari. I discussed a thesis titled: ″Enhanced Vector Space Models for Content-based Recommender Systems″
- APRIL 2011 - I joined the Human Interaction and Experiences research group of the Philips Research center in Eindhoven (The Netherlands) for a three months internship under the supervision of Ing. Mauro Barbieri.
- JANUARY 2009 - I started the Ph.D. Course in Computer Science at Department of Computer Science, University of Bari, under the supervision of Prof. Giovanni Semeraro. The topic of my thesis concerns the study of innovative recommendation techniques and preference elicitations approaches into the Semantic and Social Web context.
- APRIL 2008 - I received a Laurea Degree with full marks and honors in Computer Science from University of Bari. I discussed a thesis titled: ″Extending a Content-Based recommender system through semantic folskonomies″.
- Title: Enhanced Vector Space Models for Content-based Recommender Systems
- Supervisor: prof. Giovanni Semeraro
- Thesis: PDF
- Dissertation: YouTube (partial)
- Presentation: Slideshare
- UMAP 2012 I received a $1000 student grant to attend the conference and present a paper at the Industrial track.
- SSSC 2010 - IEEE 2010 Summer School on Semantic Computing - Berkeley (CA, United States), July 25-31, 2010 - 1st prize award (link) for the contribution in the Student Project works organized within the Summer School. The work focused on the development of GeoMusic a tool for the suggestion of personalized and geo-localized music playlists.
- 2009/10 - Corso di Progettazione di Basi di Dati, CdL in Informatica e Tecnologie per la produzione del software - (Link)
- 2009/10 - Corso di Linguaggi di Programmazione + Lab. - CdL in Informatica - (Link)
- SSSC 2010 - IEEE 2010 Summer School on Semantic Computing - Berkeley (CA, United States), July 25-31, 2010
- ACAI 2009 - Advanced Course in Artificial Intelligence '09 Intelligent Decision Support Systems (theory, algorithms, and applications) - Belfast (Northern Ireland), August 23-29, 2009
- AI*IA (Associazione Italiana per l'Intelligenza Artificiale);